Acktar's proprietary sophisticated vacuum deposition (vacuum coating) technology
generates coatings with an extremely high specific surface area. These coatings have unique characteristics - superior to those achievable by other processes - with important commercial applications.
The application of Acktar coatings grants major improvements in a wide range of applications.
Following are some of the main characteristics of the Acktar coatings:
- Uniquely large specific surface area combined with very small coating thickness – up to 2000 times the substrate surface in a coating only microns thick
- Controlled morphology, porosity and chemical composition of the coating allows tailoring of physical and optical properties.
- Operating temperatures: -196°C to +450°C
- Excellent adhesion to metallic and non-metallic substrates
- Excellent mechanical strength and abrasion resistance
- Totally ecologically friendly
o Dry process and dry materials
o No chemical wastes, no waste water
- Inorganic and completely non toxic
- Electrically conductive / non conductive – both available.
- Hydrophilic or hydrophobic surface characteristics available
Vacuum Coating (Vacuum Black™)