Acktar's proprietary sophisticated vacuum deposition (vacuum coating) technology generates coatings with an extremely high specific surface area. Vacuum coatings have unique characteristics - superior to those achievable by other processes - with important commercial applications.
The application of Acktar coatings technology lids major improvements in a wide range of applications including, high performance optics, solar energy, aluminum electrolytic capacitors, electronic enclosures and heat sinks, among others.
Following are some of the main characteristics of the Acktar coatings:
- uniquely large specific surface area combined with very small coating thickness - 2000 times the substrate surface in a coating only microns thick
- close control of surface morphology - form and structure - for control of physical, optical and radiation characteristics
- retention of substrate thickness and mechanical strength - surface coating technology rather than etching technology.
- operating temperatures: -269°C to +350°C
- excellent adhesion to metallic and non-metallic substrates
- excellent mechanical strength and abrasion resistance
- low outgassing
- ecologically clean - no aggressive chemicals used
- inorganic and completely non toxic
Vacuum Coating (Vacuum Black™)