Acktar Coatings are available not only as coatings applied directly to parts, but also as coated foil – with or without a self-adhesive backing - for application to surfaces by the user. These foils constitute ideal solutions for large areas or for contaminated environments where the surface needs to be periodically renewed.
The coated foils incorporate the same performance features as the directly applied coatings and are available in versions corresponding to the standard Acktar coating types – either as sheets or as roll material:
- Metal VelvetTM for ultra-diffusive requirements in the VIS and IR
- Spectral BlackTM for VIS and IR applications
- Vacuum BlackTM for UV and VIS applications
- Nano BlackTM Selective coated foil for solar-thermal applications
Coated foil preforms supplied cut-to-shape and applied to parts by the user constitute a simple, cost effective solution – where applicable - which makes it possible to benefit from the performance of Acktar black coatings without the need to ship parts to the Acktar facility for coating.
Coated Foil can be delivered as tight-toleranced patterned foils for application as optical apertures, diaphragms, and other patterned applications.
Key Features and Advantages
· Conformal thin flexible foil
· Ready for use - easy to handle and install
· Appropriate for plastic and metal parts
· High emissivity / low reflectance
· Extremely low outgassing
· No particulation
· Vacuum, cryogenic, and clean room compatible
· Cryogenic to +350 o C
· Option for self-adhesive backing
· Stray light absorption / suppression
· Optical packaging
· Laser devices
· IR systems
· Passive thermal control